Brand New Star
todayscountry94one wants to help a budding young country music performer take the first step to becoming a star. Our Brand New Star competition was launched in 2010 and has become a much anticipated and highly attended local event on the Coast ever since. Held every July, the successful contestants perform in one of two heats with the best performers going through to the Grand Final. The judges are leaders in the Australian Country Music recording and entertainment industry.
The 2017 winner, Molly Millington, took home a $3000 first prize and will receive a one song recording session and ongoing support and airplay on todayscountry94one. Gina Jeffreys also awarded a one on one mentoring session to Lili Crane and offered a “performance tutorial” to all grand finalists.
Since its inception, Brand New Star has discovered and fostered some amazing talent. Past winners have been:
Above: 2010 Brand new Star: Makaylie Foodie (Max Jackson).
Above: 2011 Brand New Star, Bryce Sainty
Above: 2012 Brand New Star, Emily Markham
Above: 2013 Brand New Star, Mitchell Murdock
Above: 2014 Brand New Star, Ash Sheehan
Above: 2015 Brand New Star, Angela Easson
Above: 2016 Brand New Star, Toby Wells
Above: 2017 Brand New Star, Molly Millington
Prize money of $3,000 will be presented to the contest winner.
To enter the 2018 Brand New Star Contest, phone us ph: 02-43232441 or email us at: email@example.com
2018 Brand New Star Contest
Conditions of Entry
- Entries open 1st May 2018.
- Entries close 30th June 2018.
- Entry is limited to contestants 16 years and over.
- Contestants may have one accompanist for their performance in the heat
- Contestants will perform two songs
- Contestants to be at the venue one hour before the start of the show.
- Volunteers and employees of Coast Community Broadcasters inc. are ineligible to participate as contestants.
- Contestants from each heat will be chosen to go through to the final.
- The Final will be held on the last Friday in July at Central Coast Leagues Club
- The two heats will be second Saturday in July and the third Friday July at venues to be confirmed.
- Total prize packages to be confirmed.
- Finalists will be performing with a band but may elect to perform one of their songs solo or with their accompanist
- Finalists will provide charts for their songs. If assistance is required the contact details for the MD can be provided
- Finalists will arrive at the event to go over their charts with the musical director between 5.30 and 6.30 pm
- Entry to the Final event for finalists and one other guest will be free.
The winner of BNS will be required to use their prize of the free recording before 30th June the following year.
The winner will maintain contact with todayscountry94one to facilitate future performances as part of their prize.
Of course, we could not run this successful event without the wonderful support of our sponsors. As a sponsor, as well as fostering the development of young Australian country talent, sponsors receive a range of benefits. todayscountry94one offers different levels of sponsorship (including naming rights), according to your budget.
Take advantage of this exciting opportunity to help launch the career of an up and coming young talent, please contact our sales team on ph: 02-43232441